So, this past weekend we got to go to the lake. Unfortunately, the ladies didn't get to go b/c Granddad and mom were sick. However, they got some quality time with Aunt Susan. It was a great weekend and much needed. I LOVE being around my grandparents. There is just something about being around multiple generations. I enjoy it. Well, we got there pretty late on Friday, so we pretty much just went to bed.
Saturday, before I even got out of bed, Brother had gone on a walk. Now, Brother has been losing weight as a part of a "biggest loser" contest that the staff at his school are doing. He has been exercising everyday and dieting like crazy. I couldn't be prouder. He has lost 40 lbs since they started in Feb. Anyway, he got up for his walk. The neighborhood the lakehouse is in is so pretty and there are lots of animals. If you know me (and Brother), we love animals. There is a group of about 8 deer that roam the neighborhood. There used to be shetland ponies, but now there are goats!!! On his walk he noticed them. He turned around to head back and he could hear hooves pounding the ground (don't get scared Robin). He turned around and this is what he saw...

The goats came to see him :-)! They followed him the length of the fence and turned back. I must continue to brag on my husband for a moment (btw I could pretty much brag on my husband daily, but I think you would get tired of reading hehe). My granddad got the idea to get a new tv for the lake. Brother is a strong individual, so he often gets recruited to do odd jobs. The rest of the weekend looked like this...
We grilled out and played way to many games of scrabble. We watched "Marley and Me." I cried like a baby. Then, Sunday morning Brother and I got up kind of early and headed back home. We had brunch with Susan, Ryan, and Larry. It was fun. Then, we went to the mall,the factory, and to a play at Pull Tight Players Theatre. Before we made it to the play we walked around the square. I got some ice cream and we sat on a bench and watched some cloggers. Hilarious. While we were watching, the woman from News2 came up and asked to interview us. I confidently said, "he'll do it." Of course he did, and 3 hours later he was on the evening news. Hilarious. Look how cute he was at the factory...Love him!
Tomorrow we head south. We get to see Wicked in B'ham and then on to his parents. Then, I get to go see Robin and go to her senior art show! I can't wait...I think I even get to see the beach....woo hoo!!! That is all for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment