Warning: this post will be all over the place.
So...school has started. I know most of you (all 5 that read my blog) chins' just dropped. Yes, we have started school already and summer is OVER! Sad day. I have so enjoyed my time with my girls: pool, library, beach, play days, church, VBS, lake, water play in the "yard" and snuggling watching their shows.
I knew life was about to speed up. School, volleyball, best friend's wedding, presenting, hosting, football and church. We have a lot going on.
Today I went to pick up the girls by myself (Bro was at football practice). Nonie had an absolute meltdown. Wasn't a first, but she was hysterical which eventually upset Wylie, too. I am leaving their school with two inconsolable toddlers only to arrive home to a house with the temperature of 82!!!!!!!!!! Some how the thermostat was set on 85. Needless to say it was H.O.T. and my girls were hungry.
I begin to make dinner. Breakfast for dinner that is... pancakes. and grapes. I was cutting up the grapes on a different plate than the one their pancakes. Nonie chimes in "those grapes are for Moses, Mama. Thank you for cutting his grapes." WOAH! Someone speaking his name gets me these days, but especially when my girls do. I explained he wouldn't be home tonight (I have to explain this often these days) and she reminded me it would be ok, because he would eat dinner in Africa.
Life is crazy. We have a ton on our plates. There are so many things I could be stressed out about or get upset over, but does any of it really matter? My baby girl threw a fit. I have a healthy, happy (most of the time ;) daughter who is my world. She has a sister that knows and care when she is upset. My home was 82! I have a home with ac that will cool it off. Hot water. Cold water. Water period. Food to feed my children. I have a job. Two actually. I get to invest in hundreds of students lives. You get the idea. I have so much to thankful for and it doesn't seem like a good use of my time to get upset over the little stuff. I still do, but I always wish I hadn't after the fact. I would rather spend my time enjoying my family and I can't wait til my family is complete.
Dear Moses,
I love you with my whole heart. Your sisters talk about you all the time. They can't wait to share their toys with you and they are already claiming things as yours! We all sing about you and pray for you everyday! Sweet son, I cannot wait for you to be in my arms. I miss you. Your Mama is so proud of you!!
Love,
Mama
He's got our baby brother Moses in His hands.
He's got our baby brother Moses in His hands.
He's got our baby brother Moses in His hands.
He's got the whole world in His hands.
Ok, done. :-)
Totally crying. Sweet Moses-we love you too and are praying you home! I absolutely cannot wait to meet you and for Kylie to have another Yancey friend!!! Love you Yancey family!!!
ReplyDeleteLove this. Sweet Nonie spoke such true words, he will eat in Africa tonight but sometime soon he will join his sisters in the fit throwing when momma is picking them up alone :-) Praise God for that!
ReplyDeleteAnd on a different note- why the heck are you in school in JULY???
BlueHost is definitely one of the best website hosting company for any hosting plans you might need.
ReplyDelete