Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Official Adoption Update

I haven't done an official update and explain where we are in the process for a good while.  In fact, I still have people that ask me about it and are shocked to find out we have a referral and pictures and everything.  To those I am very sorry.  I get lost easily with what information, I have shared with whom.  So, lets catch up.

In April, we were sent a referral.  A little boy who they approximated his age at 11 months.  We receive 3 pictures.  Shortly after, we accepted the referral.

We then had to wait to pass court.  Which we did in late June.  We also received more pictures!

Once all the court documents were in and translated, we filed our I600.  Now we are waiting.  We should receive our 797 any day and then we will request an embassy appointment.  Then, exit interviews.  Then, home.  We are looking at 8-12 weeks until Moses is home!  Praise Him!

We still have $6,150 to raise!  Here is the plan...

August 18, 2012 We are having a pancake breakfast at our local Applebee's (Spring Hill) from 7:30-9:30 am.  The tickets are $6, and we get to keep $5 of every ticket!!!  They will be for sale at the door.

We have also entered a photo competition.  My family love Converse shoes.  You may have noticed the pic at the bottom of our blog with the extra pair waiting for Moses...well, we entered that photo.  You can go here to vote!  Simply click the 5 above the pic as many times as you want for the next 13 days and we could win $1,000 towards our adoption expenses!!!

I also have amazing friends from college who are going to make and sell personalized Christmas ornaments.   As soon as we have a picture, I will post more details on how to order them.

To be honest, I had my moment of "where is the rest of this money going to come from?"  Then, I quickly remembered that $16,000 showed up in 3 weeks at the exact time we needed it.  He's got this!

PS I won't be posting pics online until he is home.  However, if you catch me in person, I would love to show you my son!!  :-)

1 comment:

  1. Yes please let me know about the ornaments! So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete