So, I totally wrote this blog in my head on the way to work this morning and now I sit here and can’t put a thought together. However, I think that is the point. I am so upset inside. Torn. Confused. Sad. Thankful.
I can’t for the life of me decide why it has struck me to the core, but it sure has. Tears have come more than I care to admit. Almost uncontrollable at times. What am I talking about? Haiti.
It could be because I have a friend working in an orphanage right where the earthquake occurred. It could be that a family I was once close to, is adopting a little girl from that same orphanage. It could be all of the images of bodies and collapsed buildings. I saw a clip last night of a 4 mouth old baby that survived. However, now alone. Nonie will be four months old next Wednesday. Hence, the thankfulness. My child is safe. But so many are not. I want them. I want them to be safe. And loved. And fed. And happy. Why can’t they just send them to me? Seriously though, at least one. Nonie has plenty to share. I want to make a difference. I want to help. And yet, I feel helpless. And I don’t like it. Ok, done.
P.S. this made more sense in my head this morning. Ok, now done.
i wish i felt more dialed in on this, i mean i am sad but i kinda feel pretty emotionally detached from it. weird.
ReplyDelete