It is hard for me to put into words, especially with out tearing up, what God is doing in my heart and life when it come to orphans. We long so much one day to adopt...from where and how many, we do not know, but we know we will. I am obsessed with adoption blogs. I love reading personal accounts of adoptions.
One outlet I have found lately is Sweet Sleep! Sweet Sleep provides beds, bedding, mosquito nets, and bibles to orphans in Uganda, Haiti, Moldova, and South Africa. We have recently committed to being a Bedhead! We support Sweet Sleep financially, monthly! Head on over to their website to find out how you can support! Pray about how your church, school, or you personally could help these chidren sleep sweetly! www.sweetsleep.org
So, this is not my idea, but I LOVE this idea....so, I thought I should pass it along. A friend of mine has put forth the challenge to wear adoption t-shirts to church on Orphan Sunday, which is November 6th! What a great way to support families who are adopting! Below are some links to different friends of mine who are selling shirts to raise funds for their adoptions! Please feel free to hit them up for one of their shirts! I personally am stoked about this challenge!!!
First is my friend Sandra, who is adopting Kylie from China!
www.taylor-family-blog.blogspot.com
Next, are my friends Natalie and JT, who are adopting their second child from Ethiopia!
www.5millionminus1.blogspot.com
Third, are my friend Jenny and Stuart, who are adopting two children from the Republic of Congo!!!
www.borderspatrol.blogspot.com
And of course, you can purchase t-shirts on Sweet Sleep's website, too! All the proceeds go to buying beds for orphans!
If I have missed anyone, I will add their info later! Please feel free to comment others who are selling shirts as well!
No comments:
Post a Comment