Yesterday was my birthday and it was awesome!!
Highlights ( in no particular order):
Two sweet friends at work got me a cake!!!
My entire 6th grade class (70 girls) sang Happy Birthday to me. It was loud and overwelming!
One of my Challengers made me a handmade card that said this:
"Coach Yancey, You are the best gym teacher I've ever had. I hope you have a great birthday with your family. I can't wait to see your adoption child. You will be such a good mom to he/she, just like you are to your students. I love you dearly!" I love that they are getting to follow along the journey with us.
Nonie's teacher texted me "Happy 3rd Birthday". Nonie says I am 3, because Wylie is 1, she is 2, which would naturally make me 3 and Daddy 4!!
My husband wrote a post on facebook from ALL my children (not the soap opera, ha):
"Happy Birthday Mama. We love you. Love, Nonie, Wyile, and Fancy (save some cake for me, Mama)"
My husband made dinner and a cake !
My parents came over and brought me flowers!!
Countless Facebook and text messages!
The last email of the night included this picture: All of the Wright children in their shirts!!! Love.

Then, first thing this morning (not technically my birthday, but I am used to the last day of February being mine, so I think today is mine too, hehe), I received this picture of my precious neice dressed as a PE teacher for school today! Um, AWESOME!!!
Growing up is fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment