Pages

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

What God is up to....

So, I have got to get all these ridiculously amazing things down, before I forget!!!  There are so many things I am praising God for, so many things He has done and is yet to do!!!  I found myself waking up this morning wondering what He was going to do next.  I was and am so excited to see...I wonder if the last few days have been to show me I should wake up with this anticipation everyday!  God is up to something everyday.  I want to be a part of it EVERYDAY!!!

Let's go back to Thursday (April 12th), in the middle of our first adoption education session we received an email that informed us we had been selected for a grant!!!!  A $5,000 grant!!!!!  Praise be to God!!!!!

Friday (April 13th) some very kind friends and lifegroup leaders hosted a yard sale for us!  Over 10 families donated to our yard sale!  We had a TON of stuff!!  6 of our lifegroup members and 4 of their children helped Wednesday night to organize, price, and make signs for the sale!!!  And on Friday, between selling lemonade, all of the stuff and donations we raised just over $800!!!!  Praise!!

A highlight from the day was a connection with a lady that stopped by.  She stopped by because a friend of ours had put it on facebook.  She was telling me how she wanted to adopt!  Her husband is our insurance guy at school and I had talked to him about adopting during our meeting!  She said she was going to bring some stuff for us to sell the next day and boy did she!!!  She showed up Saturday morning with a truck full!!!  Praise!


Saturday (April 14th) the yard sale continued.  I lost count after 50 of the number of people from church who came to help, support, and shop!!  At the end of the sale on Saturday, the total for the whole weekend was just over $1,800!!!!!!  Still Praising!!

A couple from our church had their own yard sale and Saturday afternoon rode up on bike to deliver their proceeds as a donation!!!!!  They did all that work and then just gave the profit away!  For you, Fancy!!!!!  Praise!!

One of the very last shoppers of the day happened to be a former assisstant principal at the school where I teach!  We had several connections and mutual friends.  She bought a lot and also gave a donation.  Plus told me to tell several people hello!!!  She also said when I had a baby shower for this baby, she wanted an invite and would bring something just for he/she!  Praise Him!

After the yard sale, that same friend was hosting a baby shower for another of our lifegroup memebers!  When I got home from the shower, I wanted to check the mail...our social worker told us on Thursday that the last piece of paperwork we needed in order to receive a referral would take us 45-60 days to receive.  Well folks, we received it in just 8 days!!!!   Praise God!!! 

Also, in the mail was an escrow check for an overage!  Are you people hearing this!!!???  Praise!!

In addition, between Friday and Sunday 10 people inquired about our shirts.  So, we have decided to do another order and will be placing it on Wednesday!!!  Praise!

Monday (April 16th):  I thought, surely God is done showing off.  This is the day I wasn't expecting anything else to happen!  Well, I was wrong, and gladly!  We got an email informing us we had an interview for another grant!!!!!  Praise Him!!!

When we got home from school, I got another email with an update from Rockbridge on an additional donation that had been made on our behalf!!!  Praise!!  Praise!!  Praise!!

Let's do the math, in just 5 days, God provided $10,000 and is still at work!!!!  Praise!!!

I do not say all of this to gloat or brag.  However, as a teacher friend reminded me yesterday, we often are quick to ask God for something and forget to say thank  you and acknowledge His faithfulness!! 

Dear God,
You are so faithful.  I am so grateful, beyond words for how you have provided throughout this journey.  May I always praise Your name!!
Amen

I will leave you with this picture of my family at the yard sale.  It is not a complete picture though, we our missing a little brother/sister!   


 O give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; For His lovingkindness is everlasting.

1 Chronicles 16:34

 I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.

Psalm 34:1

 Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name.

Psalm 100:4

Amen.

ps.  there is a great chance I left something out...I will add later :-)

2 comments:

  1. SO, so, so awesome! What an amazing testimony your little one is going to have of how much his/her family loves them and how much God loves them. He has been planning all of this since before the world began....all to bring your sweet one to his/her wonderful forever family. Simply amazing. Thank you, Lord! Love you guys!
    rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Elizabeth! Thank you so much for sharing! It's 1. really exciting to hear how the Lord is working in this whole process, and 2. a huge encouragement to be reminded of how He hears our prayers and knows our needs. Love you guys and praying for you everyday!

    ReplyDelete