Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Excuses

Alright, no more excuses. Well, actually, this is going to be a whole blog on excuses. I haven’t written in, let’s just say a long while. I am sorry. But, a lot has been going on!

Excuse #1
Brother and I were coaching my middle school softball team. We played 37 games in just under 6 weeks. That is a lot, plus doesn’t count any practices. There were weekends where we played 6 or 7 games alone. Needles to say it was CRAZY and we missed Noniebear greatly. Thankfully, the season came to an end last weekend. We played in our conference tournament where we were the #1 seed. Holla! It was a double elimination tournament and of course we took the long way about it, but we did win it! It was a 14 hour day of softball. Once again, crazy and we missed Nonie bear.

Excuse #2
Now, somewhere in the middle of the season spring break occurred. However, this meant that my mom was having surgery. A pretty major surgery. She was in the hospital a couple of days and was in the bed about a week. It was a big deal and since she helps with Nonie a lot, if affected our lives greatly. Plus, I was at the hospital a bit, and her house trying to help out some. So, Brother was a single dad for a few days.

Excuse #3
Now, in the middle of all this, Nonie had her 6 month check up. No big deal, right? Wrong…she has never reacted to shot before, but this time we had a 102 temp for two straight days. She had never even had a temp before. Needless to say, she was not a happy camper. Sticking with the “not a happy camper” theme, she decided to start teething. Awesome, oh wait, no! AND on top of that decided to get an ear infection. (This was our first non-checkup, pay a co-pay dr. visit-bummer). As you can see, Nonie hasn’t been in the best of moods. A fussy baby means I did not get much else done.

Excuse#4
The entire time excuse 1-3 was going on I was pregnant! WHAT???? I know, right? I wish I could have told you earlier, but I have had a miscarriage before, so I wanted to wait a while before I announced it to the blog world. But there you have it. The reasons I have not been around. So, sorry! I have lots of pics to share with you and crazy stories. Hopefully, I will get there soon. Things are starting to slow down a bit. Of course, the fact that Nonie fell off the couch face first on to the hard wood floor first thing this morning, doesn’t help anything. Ok, done.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for an update! Yay for craziness coming to an end! And Boo for all the issues Nonie is having!

    and a big YAY for you being Pregnant! By the way, I had no idea you have had a miscarriage. I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back! What a crazy several weeks, and congrats on your pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, poor nonie falling off the couch. for some reason what came to my mind when you said that was that day we were getting ready to leave our apt and you closed molly's tail in the door. I'm pretty sure you cried a little. but it was kind of funny. Does she still have that place in her tail. haha...random I know! Love you for so many reasons :)

    ReplyDelete