
SO, remember when I said I don't plan things and thus, it is hard to look ahead and be excited? Maybe that doesn't apply to this week...hehe.
- Well, for several different reasons our moms needed a few days off this week. So, I get to stay at home with the Noniebear Wednesday and Thursday! Holla! Brother has more sick days, however, his students have their big "End of Course Test" next Tuesday, so he really felt like he should be there. So, twist my arm, I will hang out with my kid! haha! Can't wait!
- Teething is over!!! (for the moment!) My happy, go-lucky, giggly girl is back. Praise Him! We have had so much fun with her the last week or so and she has been smiling and laughing like crazy! Love it!
- Thursday night is the softball banquet! It is always a little stressful for me, b/c I am not a huge fan of talking in front of parents. I feel like they are constantly looking down on me and judging me. However, they are big fans of coaches praising their children. So, I will probably stick to that. It is fun to see the girls having fun and being silly and celebrating the season with each other. Did I mention we won the Conference tournament!? Plus, Nonie will get to make an appearance!
- Friday...Special Olympics!!! So excited. I get to work with a good friend of mine and her special ed class on Wednesdays in PE. I love the small class and these children are just precious. I could tell funny stories about each of them for days and I love what they teach me about Jesus. (more on that later) Anyway, I get to go with them and cheer them on and coach them on and hug them when they are finished! And yes, I think Nonie will be making an appearance as well. She is so popular! (just kidding).
- Now for the main event (cue jock jams music): Friday afternoon, Nonie and I will set off on our first official GIRLS WEEKEND together!! Woo hoo! Actually, I don't know if I have told her yet! We are heading to Bowling Green to see all my fabulous college friends! Nonie and I are spending the night at Sabrina's and having a chill evening with tacos and lava cakes (bonus). Then, Saturday we are hitting up the Kyotos and seeing more good friends!
- Plus, of course we will get to see Grandma and Granddad too!!! Nonie loves them!
- I should probably stop there...however, I have to mention my amazing church! Every Sunday is sooooo much fun! I love my church family. I feel like Brother and I finally prevailed. We searched for so long to find a church to call "ours" and to feel a part of and we finally found it. We teach Sunday School together, we have a life group with children Nonie's age and parent friends for us, and we love our pastor and the worship. I will have to do a post on our church soon. We are so blessed! Ok, done.
Yay! Girls weekend is so the main event for me too!!! Can't wait to see you girls! Happy for you about all your other good stuff this week too! love you!
ReplyDeleteWoo HOO!!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the Jock Jams reference....I was feeling it too!!
ReplyDelete