Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Question

If you will remember with me for a moment, if February I joined the 5 o’clock club. I got up each morning around 5:30 and spent time with the Lord. I loved this time. It was quiet. I got to wake up on my own. I was reminded why I am on this earth. I got to enjoy a cup of coffee (by the fire at the time) with my Father.

Well, it is has been a few months and A LOT has changed in my life. I have a 7 month old that gets up when she feels like it, which lately is around 5:30 and I am pregnant. Being pregnant is awesome. I am not in the awesome part at the moment, but it is around the corner. However, being pregnant is EXHAUSTING! There is no tired like pregnant tired. It just comes out of no where and leaves you wondering how you could be sooo tired.

My question is: what do you think the Lord expects from me, from all of us? When we are sick or pregnant, should our goal to be in the 5 o’clock club still exist? Does God give us a pass for 9 months? I know that we should spend daily, quality time with the Lord and that time does not matter. However, if I don’t plan it, set it aside specifically, it is not going to happen. Nonie’s diaper will need to be changed, bottle given, solid food, dogs will need a walk, conversation with the husband, nap, nap, nap, try to eat, nap again. It just seems like the days come and go and I barely have control over what I accomplish. I feel VERY out of control when I am pregnant. I can no longer push on, suck it up, or take one for the team. My body just quits when it is going to quit. Often, I sit in church on Sunday and am overtaken by guilt because it has been a week since I have spent quality time with Him. Nonie and I pray each night and I have taken on the habit of sentence prayers throughout my day. Anyway, that’s all I got. Just wondering what you people thought. Ok, done.

4 comments:

  1. You can do the 5 o'clock club anytime throughout the day. You can have quiet time when you first get to school, or 5th period when you don't have kids. Or you can have a lunch date with God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all, I'm so glad that you inform me of when the post is over by always telling me, "Ok done." Without that, I'd be stranded and wondering if you were doing to say more.

    Secondly, I totally know what you mean. And I don't have an answer. I think we should just try to walk with him throughout the day... those little moments of thankfulness before a meal--making it meaningful instead of habit, etc. And I know I could pray a lot more while I'm driving each day. I think finding time to read is hardest. That's all I've got! Done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't have the same daily demands as you, but i still lose track of the Lord due to the daily grind of life all too often. I try to remember it as a relationship and seek it as i would seek time with my husband. We don't have deep and meaningful conversations every day, but we still always take the time to catch up and say we love each other--if only for a few minutes. And if you're like me, the really awesome times leave you only craving more...and when you don't have enough time together you can tell something is wrong. I am bad at mornings. I just can't do it. the times I tried to do a good early morning devotional before work my body just got worn out and i got sicker. I try to go to bed a bit before my husband and have that time with the Lord (though i haven't been doing well with that lately, but i have always found that (though it may seem weird) showering is a great time for prayer time...you could even laminate cards w/memory verses and stick them in the shower--or listen to praise music in the car... I think a huge part of it is learning to adapt our time with the Lord so that it isn't an all or nothing thing. I can get to where if I am unable to spend an hour reading, journaling, and sometimes even blogging about what i learn, i skip it altogether. bad choice. I think the Lord just expects us to seek Him and rely on Him to carry us through--so maybe try to have short dates everyday, and relish the times when we get more!
    Will be praying for you through this time! (and love Nonie's 6 mo. pics btw)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "He tends his flock like a shepherd:
    He gathers the lambs in his arms
    and carries them close to his heart;
    he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

    I love that last line. He gently leads those that have young. And then there is the rest of the chapter...the more familiar verses 28-31. He knows that you will grow tired, but He will not. He will give you grace. These days of mothering will teach you about Christ in their own way and will make you holy too. :) Press on, sister! So excited for your news!

    ReplyDelete