Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The no good, very bad night!

Yesterday, I took off work to take Wylie to the doctor for her 1 year old check up. Happy to announce we have a happy and healthy 1 year old on our hands!!

Stats:
Height: 29 ½ inches
Weight: 24 pounds
Head: Whatev J

He said everything looked great and she was above average on her word count! Go Wylie! This was very encouraging since we did the tubes this summer hoping she would not fall behind because of hearing loss!

Moving on. The day with Wylie was AWESOME! We don’t get a ton of one on one time since she is our second babygirl. We went shopping for Daddy and then we went to eat lunch with Grandma. She took a great nap and I got the house cleaned!! We waited for Nonie and Daddy to get home and then “night” began…

Sidenote: Nonie did NOT have an accident all day long at school!!! Go Nonie!!!

Well, I needed to go to the grocery and Nonie loves going. So, I waited for her. I tried to get her to go to the bathroom before we left (you see where this is going, don’t you?). She said, “don’t want to mama.” “all done” I gave in and we took off to the store. She did great. Helped me pick stuff out. Put things in the buggy for me. Then, as we were picking out a birthday card for my dad, she said the dreaded words, “pee pee mama.” I thought we had time. I was about to grab her and make the dash for the bathroom. But, no!!! It was too late! As the pee ran down her jeans and started splashing on to my legs, the reality set in, this is not going to be good. The pee continued into our reusable bags and on to the floor. I may or may not have left the puddle (I will let you decide J).

Then, once outside, she had to get in the car. Well, she was cold and wet at this point. She refused to get in the car with her wet pants on. “off mama” So off they came. So she rode home sans underroos!! We put her jacket over her for modesty. You can tell she hardly cared because she was watching signing time in the car! It was so sweet when we got home. Daddy and Wylie were on the front step with new panties and a new pair of pants. Wylie handed Nonie her panties and Nonie thanked her. Such a kind moment. Hope they are there for each other like this always.

The night was ok for a bit…but then Daddy had to go to church for a meeting. The girls were sitting in my lap in the rocking recliner. I have no idea what happened, but the next thing I know is Wylie is falling off the front and Nonie had fallen off the side and face planted into the hardwood floor. UGH!!! Hence, Nonie has a frozen teether on her head!

The following occurred in this order:

Nonie peed on the floor in our bathroom.
Screaming.
I forgot to clean the tub after washing the dogs, so I had to clean it with two naked toddlers, not so patiently waiting on me.
Screaming.
Wylie got lotion in her mouth and eye=screaming.
Nonie ripped her pull up and put her pjs on backwards.
More screaming.
Teeth brushed. Nonie demands me to pick her up. I did not cooperate.
Screaming through prayer.
Left room.
More screaming.
On my way to get Wylie motrin I step, with both feet, in dog pee.
I scream.
Give Wylie motrin. Pray again. The first one was apparently not affective. (I kid).
5 more minutes of scream.
Silence.
Mommy goes to get Sweet CeCe’s with friends.


Wylie before she fell off the chair.



Wylie at the doctor!



Nonie after she fell off the chair.

2 comments:

  1. From the way it sounds, Sweet CeCes was the best part of your day!!! LOL!! (could be that I'm a little prejudiced).

    ReplyDelete