Pages

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

I LOVE my job!

I have had lots of friends lately either decide to stay home with their child or go back and then decide they needed to stay home. I COMPLETELY support their decisions and trust that it is what’s best for their family. However, it caused me to question myself this morning. Am I lacking some motherly instinct? Why don’t I want to stay home? Why isn’t it hard for me to kiss my little on the head and say “see you this afternoon, have a good day!”? Am I supposed to want to spend every waking moment with her?

I LOVE my job. I truly do. Everything about it! I love my content-PE. I get to play volleyball, basketball, soccer, dance (Holla) and I get to daily encourage middle school girls to be healthy, love themselves, and get along with one another. Come on, that is awesome! I play all day! I truly believe I am in this school to be a good example. To love them. To care about them. To take the time to listen. To teach them how to be responsible, to treat others with respect, and life can be fun if you let it.

I love the people I work with. They care for me and support me. They hired a very pregnant person. They knew I would be gone 6 weeks into the new school year. They believed in me anyway.

I love the location. I grew up in a very blessed area, thus the attitudes are more of a “you owe me something”. These students’ attitudes are more of a “oh, you care about me?” I love it, b/c my answer is always YES!

I love that the school my husband teaches at is 100 yards from mine. We get to carpool most days. I can call his extension anytime I need him. We get to eat together on in-service days. We have the same coworkers. We both have purple chuck to support our purple schools. We wear them on Fridays! He is the lions. I am a tiger. We say Nonie is a liger!

Not to mention…Nonie is in GREAT hands. How lucky is she that she gets to spend the week with both grandmas! She is loved on all day long! She is nurtured. She is protected from crazy diseases. She is happy. I am happy. That is what matters right? The Yancey’s are truly blessed! Thus, this is the right decision for my family. :-) Ok, done.




1 comment:

  1. Why didn't I think of being a PE teacher?? oh wait, its because I am not sporty in the least... right.

    girl you do what is right for you! i think you have a job that is a joy, not a stress, so there is no conflicting thoughts of "why am i doing something I only mildly like instead of being with the one i majorly love".

    ReplyDelete