Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

5 o'clock club-attempt #2

Well, I didn’t try to break into any cars today, but it was definitely a rough morning. First of all, since yesterday was our first day back after 6 days of doing almost nothing, because we were snowed in, it about killed me! I had gotten up extra early, worked out, played basketball with two of my classes (2 hours), had my first day of softball practice (therefore getting home after 5), and it was bath night for baby girl. Bonus- Nonie and I totally fell asleep on the couch around 7:30…awww!

Anyway, to say I was exhausted would be an understatement. Then, Nonie decided she needed to eat at 4 o’clock am. UGH!!! It was my turn, so up I got. It was cute, she was so awake and happy. Smiling up a storm and there I was about to pass out. We snuggled and I explained the 4 am hour was for sleeping. Don’t think she got it, but whatev. So, I attempted to put her back to sleep. My mother-in-law is with us right now. So, we are ultra sensitive to the noise Nonie makes because we want her (mil) to sleep well. So, Brother and I were up several times reinserting the pi-pi (pacifier). She probably fell back asleep around 4:45. I took a 45 ish minute nap before waking up at 5:30. Not going to lie, I probably rolled out of bed around 5:40.

Made my cup of coffee. Got my devo book and a blanket and enjoyed the quiet. I love it. Once I get past the actual waking up, I love it. It is such a sweet time. I struggle trying to describe it.

Bonus- this morning first thing at school I was asked to do something out of the ordinary causing me to miss my planning period. Bummer, b/c I actually had a lot to get done for softball. However, what I had read the morning before popped into my head. “It’s not about you.” (obviously not scripture, but the focus of the devo). Therefore, I was able to change my mood and do a quality job. Application-check.

So, what should my plan be for the weekends? Nonie gets up around 7 or 7:30 if we are lucky. Ideas? Ok, done.

2 comments:

  1. good job girl! i am sooo impressed. i would have totally not gotten back up. i love it too once i am up- why cant we tell ourselves that while we are in bed? haha! it is hard to describe what a sweet time it is, just me and my coffee and the Lord.

    i am going for 6:30 on weekends i think. i thought of giving myself a break bc i have time when i get up to have a quiet time since i am not rushing off to work- but then it will be even harder on monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am just getting up at 8:30 or 9, which is two hours earlier than normal for me on weekends, so i think it's still progress! kudos to you for getting back up after that--i would have been out!

    ReplyDelete