Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Julia Gulia

"Julia's last name is going to be Gulia? That's funny."
"Why's that funny?"
"I don't know."

Name that movie...

This is the line I think of every time I think about the movie Julie and Julia. I finally got to watch this movie while we have been snowed it. I liked it. A lot. It was a very real movie. Plus, it was about blogging and cooking. These are two things I wish I was better at. Anyway, I am not ok with how the movie ended. Why in the world could she not have met Julia? Also, why did it end with her thinking Julia hated her? This does not seem like that is how Julia would have felt. That is all. Ok, done.

6 comments:

  1. you should read the julie & julia book--and julie's blog is still up at http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/2002/08/25.html

    btw...we seem to know a lot of the same people from "real life" but I don't know you...you're blog is on my best friend Jordan's list. just interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. def the wedding singer! for some reason this didnt show up on google reader and i randomly saw the title on cheye's blogroll... i totally would have won!

    and i was angry about the whole julia child not liking her thing- but after reading the book i didnt like her either! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally wedding singer...good job everybody!

    Sarah- I went to WKU. I graduated in 2005. I was also very active at the BSU.

    Jordan and i have crossed too many paths to mention. WKU, Living Hope, the Bridge, we bot live in Thompsons Station/Spring Hill, Lifeway-Centrifuge. Ironically, in Thompsons Station, when they lived in their townhouse, we were next door neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I graduated f/m wku in 2006...my dad is the director of Campus Crusade for Christ so i was really involved with that, but had a bunch of BSU friends too--especially f/m being a religious studies major!

    Do you go to the Bridge? I visited a few weeks ago when i was in spring hill for Charlotte's birthday. I went to church w/Jordan and Josh Howerton (and their families) in Bowling Green--it feels kinda like my family moved to Spring Hill and left me here! good to know how we're "connected"

    ReplyDelete